Search Engine Optimization is a central element of a successful online presence. In today’s Internet-dependent world, having a website that is well-optimized is essential. By appropriately adjusting your website to the standards of a search engine, you’ll be able to rank higher in search results.
If done the right way, an efficient combination of SEO and marketing can land you on the first page of search results. This way, you’ll be able to get more organic traffic. Why is SEO important? Well, 95% of the Internet’s traffic comes from the first search result page. An SEO-consistent website will make your business grow and evolve.
Table of Contents
Content is king
Writing high-quality articles don’t just serve advertising purposes, they can also be a great asset to your search engine optimization efforts. The critical issue that you need t take care of is keyword density. There are essential principles for structuring your advertising articles, which you need to follow.
Here’s a list of things you need to take care of when working on an article, which you want to optimize:
- Research keywords. You need to study what people are looking for on the Internet. There are lots of services that provide you with detailed data on your audience’s interest.
- Use your keywords, but organically. It’s great to use the keywords you’ve scouted on your research, but that doesn’t mean that you have to stuff your articles with them mindlessly.
- Write articles that are useful. The algorithms that are designed to bring valuable websites up and push useless websites down are incredibly sophisticated and are based on artificial intelligence. These algorithms can recognize what is useful content very precisely.
- Study the technicalities. Before you invest time and money into SEO, make sure that you understand its basics. Your content might be great, but you might have too many popups on your site or maybe have images that are too large, which may significantly decrease your rank in the search results.
- Write exhaustive articles. Longer articles are preferred over shorter ones for a good reason. They’re more informative and thus more valuable to the reader.
It is imperative that you focus on actually readable content. Stuffing your articles with keywords until it doesn’t resemble a human-written text won’t do any good. This will potentially harm your campaign.
SEO Tools are essential for Marketing
Just like you invest time in studying your competitor’s positioning and marketing strategy, you need to do the same thing SEO-wise. There are now many tools that are very helpful to research what your competitors are up to regarding search engine optimization. These services will allow you to narrow down the best keywords that you need to focus on.
Furthermore, services like Moz and SEMrush will allow you to track down all the websites that your competitors collaborate with. This will let you build a robust marketing campaign, by intercepting your competition’s activity and making better offers to the services and websites they work with.
Audit your site, along with your competitors’
You can benefit from understanding what your competition’s SEO flaws are. Once you’ve audited their site and shortlisted their weaknesses, you can optimize your site accordingly.
Wondering what to look for. Here are a few things you need to analyze:
- How usable is their site? Is the User Experience design on point?
- Is the website appropriately structured?
- Research your competitors’ keywords.
- Look how many backlinks they have and how much organic traffic they get.
- Are their snippets well-written?
- Is their content well-written?
- What are their most powerful keywords?
- How well have they tapped into social media?
Understanding these facets of your competitors’ strategy, you’ll be able to plan your own strategy. This will let you market your business more efficiently and spend less money on content, funnels, and research.
User Experience is vital for Marketing and SEO
Google has stated that starting with 2015, UX, otherwise known as User Experience will become part and parcel of SEO. UX is a type of design that aims to increase user satisfaction and make the website or service actually useful and valuable. It tries to limit friction and create a very intuitive architecture of the website.
A proper user experience design will make sure that your site is:
- Accessible: users will find it comfortable to use and explore your site
- Valuable: User Experience makes sure that the user’s expectations are met, and SEO makes sure that the user finds what he’s looking for
- Easy to use: a smooth design will ensure that users will return to the website to use it
- Searchable: good design makes sure that your website will be easy to find on search engines
- Trustworthy: User Experience makes sure that your site will look credible and legit
Advertise your service on other websites
Any marketing strategy implies advertising your service on other websites. Placing links to your service in the text that you will publish, under the right anchor, will be beneficial for your SEO efforts as well.
Finding a website where you can publish an article that will contain a link to your service is pretty simple. All you need to do is just Google it. First off, if your business is location-dependent, write a location in your Google search. Secondly, you need to find sites that accept guest posts. So your Google search should look something like “New Jersey write for us.”
After you’ve found a list of websites which accept guest posts, shoot them a message. Hire a writer to produce texts that contain a link to your service that is placed organically in the text. This strategy is perfect considering its “two birds one stone” approach. You can both advertise your service in a guest post and also improve your SEO ranking by doing so.
When done correctly, this type of marketing content will drive additional organic and referral traffic to your site from the websites where your articles are published.
As you can see, the best combination of SEO and marketing revolves around high-quality content. By writing keyword-dense and organic articles, which contain links to your service or website you’ll be able to grow a bigger audience and customer base.
Content and design both need to be client-centric. Anything we do needs to facilitate the way our customer uses the service. Once that is done right, we’ll be able to attract more return customers, due to our site’s usability and the usefulness of the content we provide. The latest improvements and adjustments made in SEO confirm that focusing on your potential customer will be hugely beneficial for your business in the long run.