So, you’ve created a Facebook page that you’re pumped about…but no one else seems to be joining in on the excitement? Luckily for you, this predicament can be fixed in no time at all.
Here are some really easy ways to increase your readership and get more people to “like” your page:
- Personalize, personalize, personalize. Call your page fans by name. Actively engage in conversation on your page, and try to make each reader feel as if they are special and unique to the conversation. When you see that people have joined your page, thank each person for the contribution they’re making to your cause. This will make people feel good about being fans of your page, which will result in positive word-of-mouth, which will net you even more fans!
- Keep coming up with new and exciting content for your page. Nobody’s going to be exactly thrilled if your page doesn’t contain some variety. Try to come up with as much content as possible, on a daily basis – the more content you have, the more people you’ll reach. You also might try having contests or promotions on your page. Tell people that if they want to enter, they have to become your page fans. This has proven to be a great incentive for people to “like” a page – after all, who doesn’t like free stuff? Also, make sure the content you already have is universally engaging – this is crucial. Simply put, if people don’t like the content on your page, they won’t hesitate to “un-like” it.
- Advertise like crazy. This is going to be a really important part of the process. If you think you’ve already done all you can to advertise your page, guess what? You haven’t. There is always more to be done, in this case. You’ve got to think outside the box, and outside your own virtual realm of friends. So, try getting some of your most loyal fans (ideally, they’ll also have substantial friend lists) to invite at least 100 of their friends. You’ll start to see an increase in your page fans almost immediately. There are countless ways to advertise your Facebook page.
- Encourage the fans you already have to tag some photos. If you’re hosting events for your fans, take care that you always remember to take many, many pictures. Really, you can’t take enough pictures. Everyone loves to see themselves in pictures, right? Right. Upload the pictures to your page, and ask your friends to tag themselves. This way, the tagged photo appears on each and every one of your fans’ walls, and bingo! More advertising for you!
- Add a Fanbox to your website. This is that nifty little box that allows people who visit your site to simply click “like”, and automatically become fans of your page. Most people will already be logged into Facebook anyway, so they won’t have to make much of an effort at all to become your fans. This is an incredibly easy and effective way to increase your fan base.
This is a post by The Thailander, covering and beyond!