This the continued from the previous part of the review and I have decided to combine part 3 and 4 together in this last episode.
This part of the review mainly contains technical data, Eco, and the verdict.
Let’s take a look at the technical details first before getting down to the Eco-friendly things.
Reason #4 – Technical Advantages
- 3 minutes quick charge for 1 shave. This is really useful when you are in a hurry and the shaver is out of charge. You do not need to charge it completely before using it.
- 2 LED indication: Battery full, Battery low, Charging, Quick charge indication.
- Once a year replacement of HQ9 blades. You do not need to carry around any extra blades.
- DualPrecision Shaving, Super Lift & Cut, TripleTrack cutting system is putting the shaving blades nearer to the skin than any other shavers in this class.
- Dynamic contour response – follows your faces contour.
- SmartPivot adjusts with your faces curved areas easily.
- Fast full charge – 60 minutes complete charge of the device. Many other shavers that I have used requires 2 to 8 hours to charge completely.
- Maintenance fewer blades do not require you to do an oil-based cleaning like many other devices in this category.
- An automatic voltage from 100-240 V – yes you can use it all over the world without changing the charger or use any converter.
Reason #5 – Ecological Benefits
- Low power consumption – approx 5.4w max. Less than 0.2w while on standby.
- Blades do not require you to change them frequently so fewer items to throw out.
- Really less noise pollution, you can see from the sound testing below that it does not make up such a noise that can wake up your kids or neighbor. I have tested the sound DB level for AquaTouch, which is 65 dB. Both for the pop-up trimmer and the shaver.
- Easier and less time to clean it up. Just use water and rinse. It does not carry other chemical compounds for cleaning up.
My overall rating is: 4/5 Almost perfect.
It is definitely one of the best that I have used so far (out from a total of 6 electric shavers). This is designed for the urban men lifestyle and quite surprisingly it fits the needs for a urban traveler too. As for a rotary shaver, it is not always possible to have 100% clean shave but this comes really close to it (experience from using 3 of the other rotary shaver I had). While some people complain about the size but I found it really light and comfortable to hold in my hand. The performance was much better than what I have expected.
You can see here, Philips AquaTouch AT940 is not only a great buy but it is a smart buy for the long run.