Back in 2006, Amazon started their web services with S3 storage system and EC2. Since then, Amazon Web Services became first choice for startup and technology companies. They have changed the concept from traditional physical web server into the cloud architecture. And that is not all, they remove the need to be at Data Centers and Server Farms. The DIY approach with pre defined packages simplified the time spent on deploying servers and managing them remotely.
Here are some interesting facts you might not know about Amazon Web Services:
- While, Amazon Web Services dominates cloud services but 2/3 of americans does not know what it is.
- 1/3 of All internet users visits websites daily that is built upon AWS.
- Amazon Web Services holds 27% share of all Cloud Infrastructure As Services (IaaS)
- AWS earning is about 6 billion a year and 1.5 billion revenue in Q1 of 2015 alone.
- Amazon Web Services have Data Centers in 190 countries
- Each Amazon Data Center holds from 50,000 to 80,000 computers
- At 2015, 25% of Amazon Web Services Infrastructure uses renewable energies
The Infographic above, provided and created at UDEMY.