If you take a look at the mobile computing and phone industries, you will realize how fast these smartphones are growing to be the most essential part of yourself. With the fabulous growth of smartphones, more and more people are getting oriented with mobile based social networks. Now smartphones are equipped with such powerful cameras from 3.2MP to 12MP which basically makes you ditch your digital camera. You can snap away anything almost any moment. Thus, living in the moment.
But that was not great enough, you wanted what your friends think about it. You wanted opinions from like minded mobile photographers. These needs made the need to create fully mobile integrated photo social networks. These allow to you to upload photos with various effects and build your own social network community and friends based on photos.
Here I am going to expose the top 6 most innovative photo social networks on iPhone platform. Well, let’s get down to that.
1. Instagram [Free]
By far the most popular network. 3.75 Million users love Instagram! It’s a free, fun, and simple way to make and share gorgeous photos on your iPhone.
Pick from one of several gorgeous filtered effects or tilt-shift blur to breathe a new life into your mobile photos. Transform everyday moments into works of art you’ll want to share with friends and family.
Share your photos in a simple photo stream with friends to see – and follow your friends’ photos with the click of a single button. Every day you open up Instagram, you’ll see new photos from your closest friends, and creative people from around the world.
- 100% free custom designed filters and borders such as XPro-II, Earlybird, Lomo-fi, Sutro, Toaster, Brannan, Inkwell, Walden, Hefe, Apollo, Poprocket, Nashville, Gotham, 1977, and others.
- Linear and Radial Tilt-Shift blur effects for extra depth of field.
- Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, Foursquare, and Posterous
- Unlimited uploads
- Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments
- Works with first generation, 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4
- Full iPhone 4 front & back camera support
- And much much more…
2. picplz [Free]
Picplz is a fun and social way to share your life through photos. Picplz lets you style your photos with free photo effects and quickly share them with your friends and followers. Use picplz to share photos on your favorite blog, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Style & Re-Style Your Photos: With Picplz you can style your photos using our free photo filters. Our current filter pack includes great effects like “Instant Film” effect, “Russian Toy Camera”, “The 70s”, & “High Contrast Monochrome”. We always keep a copy of the Original Image so you can switch filters and go back to the original at any time, no problem!
- Quick and Simple Sharing! : Link your Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, Posterous, and Foursquare accounts to easily share your styled photos with your friends and followers.
- Add Location to Your Photos (optional). Picplz lets you add your location to each photo. Choose from places near you like restaurants, sports venues, concerts, and more.
- Picplz.com Social Experience: View your photos feeds. Comment and Like other great pics on picplz.com. Discover new people and great photos!
3. Leme Camera (Free)
Shake to get random combination of camera, filter and border. Lemeleme is more than just another photo sharing app, but a Hyper-Cam! with it’s own social networking integrated.
Lemeleme has three different apps in different categories. “Lemeleme” is top in Utility category, “LemeCam” is top in Photograph category, and “LemeCam Festival” is top in Social Networking category.
If you update “Lomolomo pro”, now is “LemeCam Festival Version”; and if you update “Lemeleme HD”, now is “LemeCam”
- Shake it, you will get your best photo capture randomly
- Hyper-cool photo effects,16 photo effects in total included brand new “Wax Painting” and “HDR”
- Hyper-smart photo management by tagging, calendar, and map;
- Hyper-social photo sharing via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr
- Cameras includes – HDR, Light Leak, Standard lemeleme, Action4, Super4, Double Exposure, Fisheye, Tilt Shift, Color Flash.
- Lens types includes – Fantastic Leman, Frozen Blue, Dark Forest, God Father, Valentine Martini, Classic Leme, Bloody Mary, Fallen Angel, Black Velvet, Blue Hawaii, Margartia, Vio Politan, Paradise, Angel’s Kiss, KOR Royal
- Many Photo Frames : Flax, Film, White Standard, Color Strips, Fabric, Inkjet, Stamp, Wide Screen, Bamboo coal, Classic, Black Standard
4. Path [Free]
Path is the simple and private way to share life with close friends & family.
Capture life’s moments in photo or short video, make your moments beautiful with lenses, share with a small group of close friends & family, have intimate conversations, and be yourself on the simple and private network you can trust.
- Capture life’s moments in photos or short videos.
- Make your moments more beautiful and personal with Lenses.
- Share with a small group of 50 close friends & family via iPhone, Email, Web, or Facebook.
- Tag your moments with people, places, and things to add context.
- Know who has seen each of your moments.
- Let your friends know how each moment makes you feel with Emotion.
- Have intimate conversations around each moment with Chat.
- Watch your friend’s reactions to your Path roll in with Activity
- Publish the occasional moment on your Facebook Wall for all of your Facebook friends to see.
5. Color [Free]
Color is a fun way to create a public photo album with your friends using multiple iPhones. Everything is instantly shared among everyone taking photos and videos using the Color app.
You won’t miss a single moment at the next party, night out, ball game or concert. Easily share your group album on Twitter and Facebook. Group albums are saved in the app in a visual diary.
6. Labelbox & Phototreats with Steply Photo Social Network
Phototreats has released a FREE filter pack released to coincide with the SXSW festival. My Austin – 4 new awesome party filters! Also new features for Labelbox and Actioncam photo apps.
Capture beautiful memories in a few simple steps. Choose a photo, apply the effect, save & upload! It’s powered by Steply making mobile photo sharing easy.
Phototreats is a collection of easy to use filters that transforms your photo into a truly memorable and emotional scene that all your friends will want to share and see.
Available Free Filter Packs:
My Eats – Reproducing that exotic color of faraway, special places. My Styles – Conveys that special feeling and message with this tailor-crafted group of filters. My Day – Capture the moods and lighting of different times of the day. Benefit Winter – Christmas, winter and festive dazzle. My Austin – A group of filters to convey the party experience from getting ready, going out and the chill out. Additional Packs ($0.99 each). My Seasons – Enhance the sensation of the four seasons. My Times – Feeling funky? This pack of filters captures the essence of the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.
Labelbox is a simple, easy to use, photo labeler using a variety of beautiful tapes that stylishly labels your photos.
Select, swipe and type.
Labelbox helps you highlight areas, label items in your photo in an artistic, creative and fun way. You can even use different labels to create frames inside your photo.
Steply Photo Network –
- Steply Community
- Share to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Sina Weibo
- Discover the photo apps other photo sharers are using
(Honorable Mention) Hipsmatic [$1.99us]
Digital photography never looked so analog. The Hipstamatic brings back the look, feel, unpredictable beauty, and fun of plastic toy cameras of the past! The Hipstamatic keeps the the quirks of shooting old school but gives you the ability to swap lenses, film, and flash settings all with the swipe of a finger.
- Swap lenses, flashes, and films for hundreds of different effects
- Instantly share your best prints to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and Tumblr
- Enter our monthly photo contests to win amazing prizes
- Order real analog prints delivered to your door, right from the app
- Characterized by vignettes, blurring, over saturation, discolored images, Hipstaprints have a casual and seemingly accidental snapshot feel. The Hipstamatic can be downloaded to any iPhone sporting the 3.1 or beyond software update. For $1.99 you can download the base model Hipstamatic which includes a great set of standard lenses, films, and flashes to get started. Additional camera gear is bundled within the app as ‘Hipstapaks’ and start at 99 cents. Each Hipstapak includes multiple items.
- Pictures taken with the Hipstamatic have their very own look and unique character. Artistic and painted with light and quirk, Hipstamatic images are sometimes surprising and offer a delicate beauty turning any iPhone into an instant art making machine. Images can be uploaded directly to Facebook, Flickr, or emailed to your friends and family.
There you have it! Do you have another one on your mind or know of?
Feel free to comment and let me know.