Since the updates of Adobe Flash player 10 there are several cases of problems. For instance WordPress media upload and Flickr uploader stopped working. Not only that, the systems that uses SWFUpload objects are not functioning as well. This alone can cause a huge dissatisfaction among the general users, not to mention that there are a load of bug present on the flash player 10 itself. There are so much talk going around the web about the Flash player 10 issue, but Adobe decided not to look into it, they suggest the developers of the non working products to upgrade their codes. Now my point here is not to talk or rant about flash player 10 but to solve the problem by downgrading the flash player to version 9. I’m doing this on a vista machine. First of all you need to clean up and uninstall flash player 10 from your system. Here is how.. [Read more…]
Adobe has announced yesterday about their new product lineup of Flash Media Encoding Server. This is an end-to-end platform for creating and deploying rich media content on the web to desktop and mobile. they are releasing solutions for companies in need to do flash encoding on their own server. This product is an enterprise level encoding and transcoding server allows you to convert multiple types of videos to native flash video format. It features pre-processing filter operations such as sharpening video, color space conversions and audio normalization. The solution is powered by Rhozet, they are one of the leading providers of transcoding solutions.
Products announced in this line-up are:
- FLASH MEDIA INTERACTIVE SERVER (Priced at USD6,000)
- FLASH MEDIA STREAMING SERVER (Priced at USD995)
- FLASH MEDIA DEVELOPMENT SERVER (FREE!!)
Note that Flash media development server has all the features of Flash Media Interactive server but with a 10 user concurrent connection limitation.
Features at a glance:
Sometimes at office or even at home i don't want certain part of my hard drive not accessible by anyone. Well you can hide your folders but is it giving you the optimal protection, i don't think so. TrueCrypt is a open source software comes with a highly secured protection systems. The algorithms are so difficult to break that it might take a few billion years to break the password. TrueCrypt can be used on windows xp/vista or linux platforms. Actually what it do is to create a physical file on a hard disk and encrypt it with very strong protection and mount that file as a virtual drive. Once the drive mounted you can see all your private files inside just like a regular hard disk. TrueCrypt also can be used to protect your USB or Flash disks. Bare in mind TrueCrypt is designed for advanced users. Here are the main features of TrueCrypt.
- Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
- Encrypts an entire hard disk partition or a storage device such as USB flash drive.
- Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.
- Provides two levels of plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password:
1) Hidden volume (steganography – more information may be found here).
2) No TrueCrypt volume can be identified (volumes cannot be distinguished from random data).
- Encryption algorithms: AES-256, Serpent, and Twofish. Mode of operation: LRW.