Software as a service is a way of delivering applications over the internet. In the last couple of years, SaaS has gained immense popularity. It allows users to access applications anytime and from anywhere using the internet. As per the latest reports by DevSquad, 94% of technical professionals use SaaS solutions. Zoom, SalesForce, Slack, HubSpot, Shopify, and Netflix are famous examples of SaaS. Some of the significant advantages of using SaaS are enhanced scalability, timesaving, fosters high security, high cost-effectiveness, and much more.
This blog will discuss how to build a SaaS product quickly. We will also discuss in detail SaaS and the advantages of using SaaS. So, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
What is SaaS?
Software as a service (or SaaS) is a distribution model that makes software available to end users over the internet. SaaS development provides a hassle-free working experience; instead of maintaining and installing the software, you can simply access it via the internet.
SaaS is one of the three main categories of cloud computing: IaaS (Infrastructure as a service) and PaaS (Platform as a service). As per the latest reports by DevSquad, 73% of businesses plan to switch all systems to SaaS. SaaS applications are used by many IT professionals, business users, and personal users.
So, till now, you have got a basic idea about SaaS software development; now, let’s move to the next section and discuss some famous examples of SaaS.
Some Popular examples of SaaS
SaaS has gained immense popularity in the last few years and is used by many famous tech giants. Some of the famous organizations that use SaaS are mentioned below:
- Salesforce: It is one of the most popular SaaS development companies that help to integrate every aspect of business with the Customer Relationship Management platform.
- Slack: Slack is another incredible SaaS messaging platform that small startups and large enterprise organizations use.
- GSuite: It is an excellent cloud-based solution that offers unlimited storage at high speed for all your files.
- HubSpot is a SaaS platform that helps you manage your business in one location.
- Canva: It is a design-based solution that helps you to create professional designs.
- Cisco WebEx is a virtual communication tool that allows companies to connect and collaborate easily.
- Shopify: It is a cloud-based solution that allows its users to have complete control over their website. That means users will decide how it looks and feels.
Before we move on to the final section about how to build a SaaS product, let’s read about the advantages of using Software as a service.
Advantages of using SaaS
Software as a service model is gaining popularity over the years due to its unique perks. Some of the significant advantages of using Software as a service are:
- Cost-efficient: SaaS is highly cost-saving as it eliminates the cost of installation and purchase. Further, it also reduces the expenses of maintenance and upgradation.
- Enhanced scalability: Another advantage of SaaS development is it offers excellent scalability. It provides great flexibility to scale up and down as per the requirements.
- Highly secure: SaaS solutions can keep the organization’s information safe than the traditional software solution.
- Automatic updates: SaaS providers ensure that their platform always stays updated. This saves a lot of time and hassle in software maintenance.
- Time management: SaaS helps businesses in saving both time and money. To access SaaS applications, users just need a mere internet connection. So, using SaaS eliminates downtime, maintenance responsibilities, and extra work hours.
- High adoption rates: It is important to note that SaaS solutions are delivered over the internet. So, they require much smaller learning as employees are already working on the web. That results in high adoption rates.
How to build a SaaS product quickly?
In this section, we will read about the complete process of building SaaS products quickly. Let’s get started.
- Start with market research: The first and most crucial step in SaaS software development is market research. Well-conducted market research will provide information about the target audience, competitors, and pricing strategy. This data will help you design and decide the end product’s functionality.
- Decide the SaaS requirements: After you have done an in-depth analysis of the SaaS product, the next step in SaaS development is to decide the criteria. Think about the unique selling point, target audience, and budget restrictions. Finally, make a list of features that you want to add. After this, you need to get in touch with an experienced SaaS developer or collaborate with a SaaS software development company to transform your idea into reality.
- Build an MVP: Until now, you have analyzed the market and decided on the SaaS requirements. It’s time to move to the third step of SaaS development, which is building an MVP. MVP stands for a minimum viable product. It is a product with minimum features to satisfy early customers. It contains only those features which are the essence of your product. It helps you to collect information about your potential customers and collect data from streamlining your final product. Some of the benefits of building a Minimum Viable Product are:
- It helps to validate the product idea
- It saves a lot of time and cost
- It helps to develop a monetization strategy
- Allows to test the UX functionality
- Helps to gather product feedback and update
- Choose the team: By now, you have a clear idea about what you want to build; it’s time to decide how to make that. For SaaS development, you have various options, like working with a house team, hiring a dedicated developer, or outsourcing the project completely. Your choice depends entirely on your budget and your team’s technical capabilities. If your in-house team lacks technical skills, outsourcing the project is the best option.
- Test, update, and deploy: Finally, we have reached the last step of SaaS software development. After analyzing the market, deciding on the features, and choosing the team, it’s time to start SaaS development finally. It is recommended to create a complete roadmap, set deadlines, and follow them to ensure the on-time delivery of the application.
These are the steps you need to follow for SaaS software development. This will help you to develop your SaaS products quickly and effectively.
Software as a service model has created many business advancements globally. SaaS is straightforward to use as it does not require installation, maintenance, and managing updates. It is currently one of the most lucrative and fastest-growing markets and will continue to hold its dominance in the future.
This step-by-step guide will help you in your SaaS development journey. If you need any help in SaaS software development, contact expert SaaS developers from Citrusbug Technolabs. Get in touch now!!