WordPress 2.5 Release Candidate 2 has been released and There are a lot of new features included within. Let me list down some of them:
The New Looks:
- New customizable dashboard.. yeah it’s more slick and organized now..
- Built in Image Gallery system, one click multi files uploader.. Check out the screencast by matt
- Categories in Editor interface also improved with multi-level and most used categories options.
- Changes in Editor interface, it’s possible to have full screen editor, a toolbar button to create a gallery
- The Manage screens have been redesigned and unified so that now, managing your pages, posts, media, and comments all use similar, consistent interfaces.
- Navigation bars has been improved for professionals and novices alike.
- The base code has been optimized for much more stable better performance.
Now you might be excited and obviously worried about the upgrade process on the road to wordpress 2.5 but it’s not a prime time to upgrade it.. Just take your time, download it, do the testing on your local server (you can use EasyPHP, XAMPP or WAMP for testing), test out your themes and check which plugins are not working. Here is a link roll to shorten your research about upgrading: Upgrading related links and articles:
- Compatibilities: Browse the WordPress Codex and check the WordPress Theme Compatibilities and WordPress Plugin Compatibilities lists, just to make sure all your themes and plugins can work properly.
- List: List out your plugins, maybe you can print it or save it to another page for reference.
- Themes and Plugins Migration: The WordPress Codex Migrating Plugins and Themes offers tips on updating your Plugin or Theme for the latest version of WordPress.
- Upgrade Preflight Test Plugin: Get this handy plugin to sort out a detailed report on the upgrade process. This is highly recommended before you do any changes on your live server(s).
- Backup: Any kind of website including wordpress must do physical folder and database backup before do any major upgrade.
More Resources on the Web:
Easily Craft Stunning WordPress Websites that Excel in Speed and Design!
Divi AI Empowers You to Effortlessly Create Content and Produce Images Right within The WordPress Builder.
- WordPress Upgrade Preparation Checklist
- Download Squad – WordPress: The Complete Post-Install Checklist
- Daily Blog Tips – WordPress Blog Maintenance Checklist
- Max Limpag’s WordPress Blog Maintenance Checklist
- Seldom Static – First Things First: WordPress Pre-Launch Checklist
- BlogSecurity – Blog Archive – 5 Step Failsafe Upgrade for WordPress
Upgrades for multiple Blogs:
- How to Upgrade WordPress across Multiple Blogs
- Upgrading WordPress Via Shell
- Faster Multiple WordPress Upgrades via Shell Access
- Multiple blogs, one WordPress install, zero code changes
You’ve made it this far! Please stay connected by receiving updates via email.