Facebook connect is a Facebook API to integrate Facebook related social networking option to your website. It provides a secure layer of authentication mechanism to integrate partial Facebook features, user details for you. Today I’m going to show you a way to integrate Facebook authentication for your WordPress blog. This article assumes that you are already running WordPress 2.7 or above. It’s possible to make a Facebook connect plugin from the very scratch but here I’m covering the easy way to implement it. Alternatively because of some problems with this plugin, I’ve written another post for much more easier way to integrate facebook (Using Official Plugin). Now here are the steps to make you accomplish on this matter.
WordPress Permalinks, first key to make your site SEO friendly. But wordpress by default uses the permalinks structures such as
and this is not really a good idea cause it will return your topics url which will look like this below
And say for the instance you’ve already has a handful of topics that has been posted for a while and google has indexed it. So now you want to change your WordPress Permalinks to a much more friendly url settings such as
Yes you can easily upgrade your structure from WordPress Admin options but all the links indexed by google wont be able to land on the proper topics.
WordPress 2.5 Release Candidate 2 has been released and There are a lot of new features included within. Let me list down some of them:
The New Looks:
- New customizable dashboard.. yeah it’s more slick and organized now..
- Built in Image Gallery system, one click multi files uploader.. Check out the screencast by matt
- Categories in Editor interface also improved with multi-level and most used categories options.
- Changes in Editor interface, it’s possible to have full screen editor, a toolbar button to create a gallery
- The Manage screens have been redesigned and unified so that now, managing your pages, posts, media, and comments all use similar, consistent interfaces.
- Navigation bars has been improved for professionals and novices alike.
- The base code has been optimized for much more stable better performance.
Now you might be excited and obviously worried about the upgrade process on the road to wordpress 2.5 but it’s not a prime time to upgrade it.. Just take your time, download it, do the testing on your local server (you can use EasyPHP, XAMPP or WAMP for testing), test out your themes and check which plugins are not working. Here is a link roll to shorten your research about upgrading:
Windows Live writer is a pretty descent Desktop Blogging application. Windows Live writer supports many blogging services including Blogger.com and Wordpress Hosted Blogs. I’m very used to use the wordpress Plugin ultimate tag warrior to tag my posts. In Windows live Writer you can post tags but integration with UTW is not present by default. There is a fairly simpler way to enable posting of UTW tags from Windows Live Writer while posting.