Windows has long ago become one of the most used operation systems worldwide. With millions of users all over the world, the developers constantly tend to improve their product by adding new characteristics, applications and updating the current software. Since every Windows user has used to get the best information product, many applications and programs are leaders in the own market niche. With numerous updates, the current Windows system can offer plenty of useful free software for users to increase own awareness and efficiency of work.
It’s hard to find a really working solution for hard disk fragmentation issue and needless to say day by day the hard disk sizes are growing along with more and more files. Recently I’ve found IObit SmartDefrag which is fast enough to defrag your huge hard disk in no time. It has a feature of set and forget it configuration which is really convenient for both office and home users. It has most of the features you can find in any commercial software.
Features of this powerful, award-winning defragmenter program include:
- An “Install It and Forget It” feature that works automatically and quietly in the background on your computer.
- The ability to constantly keep your hard drive safe, error-free and running at its top speed and optimum performance.
- Eliminates slow downs, freeze-ups and crashes.
- IObit SmartDegrag is 100% FREE award-winning software that’s for personal, home and small business.
- 100% safe from any spyware, adware and virus.
- Designed for Windows Vista, XP, and 2000.
- Distribute it freely, copy it, sell it or include it as part of a package – as long as it is left completely intact and unchanged.
Sometimes at office or even at home i don’t want certain part of my hard drive not accessible by anyone. Well you can hide your folders but is it giving you the optimal protection, i don’t think so. TrueCrypt is a open source software comes with a highly secured protection systems. The algorithms are so difficult to break that it might take a few billion years to break the password. TrueCrypt can be used on windows xp/vista or linux platforms. Actually what it do is to create a physical file on a hard disk and encrypt it with very strong protection and load that file as a virtual drive. TrueCrypt also can be used to protect your USB or Flash disks.
It’s actually very easy to hide a folder with Free Hide Folder. It takes only a few mouse clicks. First, you need to run Free Hide Folder, locate and select the folder you want to hide, and then click Hide Folder button to hide folders. Note that some of the folders under Windows Vista wont be invisible as example My Music or My Documents folders.