WordPress 2.5 Release Candidate 2 has been released and There are a lot of new features included within. Let me list down some of them:
The New Looks:
- New customizable dashboard.. yeah it’s more slick and organized now..
- Built in Image Gallery system, one click multi files uploader.. Check out the screencast by matt
- Categories in Editor interface also improved with multi-level and most used categories options.
- Changes in Editor interface, it’s possible to have full screen editor, a toolbar button to create a gallery
- The Manage screens have been redesigned and unified so that now, managing your pages, posts, media, and comments all use similar, consistent interfaces.
- Navigation bars has been improved for professionals and novices alike.
- The base code has been optimized for much more stable better performance.
Now you might be excited and obviously worried about the upgrade process on the road to wordpress 2.5 but it’s not a prime time to upgrade it.. Just take your time, download it, do the testing on your local server (you can use EasyPHP, XAMPP or WAMP for testing), test out your themes and check which plugins are not working. Here is a link roll to shorten your research about upgrading: