WordPress is the most user-friendly expandable blog platform around. “With power comes more responsibilities”, says Spiderman’s uncle. So what if your valuable WordPress blog gets hacked? You will be literally devastated, violated, and humiliated. Now you need to know how an attacker or cracker hack or exploit your site.
- They know about your security weakness points about your site
- They know about the important directories are open and accessible
- They know about the version of WordPress has security issues
- They know what outdated unsecured plug-in you are using and they can take advantage of it
- They will use brute force to attack your site login for random username and password
- They know WordPress uses “Admin” as the administrator name, so they keep generating passwords and keep trying
So how do you overcome these situations? Well, you just need to tighten up the security principle to avoid these problems. These are very practical options to protect yourself from getting hacked. In truth, every protection can be broken but the point is not to cure but to prevent.