How many times you have found yourself going through a translation dictionary or an smartphone app when you wanted to understand something in foreign language? I am sure – quite the number of times.
Now, here is a Start-up who have a promising voice translation gadget called SIGMO. That can come really handy when traveling or even making a conversation in a foreign country.
What is SIGMO?
SIGMO – is a voice translating device that will be able to revolutionize the way you are able to communicate and understand other languages.
Forget about bulky dictionaries and awkward, slow translations on your mobile. Now with SIGMO at the touch of a button you can instantly translate the words you need into any chosen language and hear the results of your translation instantly! Contemporary design, intuitive and portable SIGMO will be a must have for any traveler.
Features of SIGMO
- Real-time translating of 25 languages.
- Voice translation on the go: It has two modes of voice translation. You just simply set your native language, then the language to translate to. By pressing the first button and speaking your phrase SIGMO in turn will instantly translate and pronounce it in a language you have selected. By pressing second button, SIGMO will translate speech from the foreign language, then instantly speak in your native language! All at the press of a button!
- Wearable: Because of its small, light size, you will be able to take “SIGMO” without any problems on any trip, hanging it around your neck, attaching it to your clothes, belt or strap on your arm with its own special attachment.
- Internet connectivity: SIGMO needs mobile internet with minimal use of traffic. Currently this might be the only barrier SIGMO have but their team is working hard to make it offline compatible.
- Battery Saving : SIGMO app runs in the background mode greatly increasing the batteries life. Battery consumption of your mobile is very low even the bluetooth is on.
- SIGMO’s case is made from eco-friendly and safe materials.
English (US), English (UK), English (Australia), English (Canada), Spanish (Spain), Spanish (United States), Spanish (Mexico), French (France), French (Canada), Finish, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese (China), Mandarin and Cantonese(Taiwan / Hong Kong), Catalan, Korean, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Polish, Russian, Arabic, Indonesian, Hebrew, Czech, Turkish, African, Malay, Croatian, Thai.
Voice translating services are always updating, so the list of languages in SIGMO App will update automatically for free.
How does it work?
SIGMO operates utilizing your existing mobile phone running Android or IOS operating system (They are also planning to add other operating systems). SIGMO connects to the phone with Bluetooth. The translation itself is made through already existing voice translator services (like Google translate). With the help of the free of charge app on your phone, you will be able to change languages for SIGMO. Adjust the volume via app to suit your location, ambient noise levels etc.
What are the helpful uses of SIGMO?
- Vacations abroad
- Business negotiations with foreigners
- Personal meetings
- Business trips
- Foreign language learning
I honestly think SIGMO has a lot of potential in the Market. They are currently in the prototype stage and require enough funding to move forward. You can get your SIGMO from here (International shipping is free)